Are you passionate about theater and looking for an exciting Part-Time opportunity in Melbourne? We are currently representing one of our leading clients in the entertainment industry who is seeking dedicated Theatre Staff to join their team. If you have a love for the arts, excellent customer service skills, and a desire to contribute to the success of live performances, this role is perfect for you.
As a member of the Theatre Staff, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of performances and creating an enjoyable experience for theatergoers. From managing ticket sales and providing exceptional customer service to assisting with backstage operations, you will contribute to the overall success of theater productions in Melbourne.
1. Front-of-House Duties: Greet and assist patrons, providing excellent customer service and addressing any inquiries or concerns. Manage ticket sales, distribute programs, and ensure the comfort and safety of guests.
2. Usher Duties: Guide and seat audience members, ensuring a smooth and efficient seating process. Monitor the audience during performances, maintain proper etiquette, and handle any disruptions discreetly and professionally.
3. Box Office Operations: Handle ticket sales, exchanges, and inquiries, both in-person and over the phone. Utilize ticketing systems to process transactions accurately and efficiently.
4. Concession Stand Management: Assist with the operation of the concession stand, including preparing and serving refreshments, handling cash transactions, and maintaining cleanliness and organization.
5. Assist with Venue Set-Up: Collaborate with the production team to set up the theater before performances. This may include arranging seating, ensuring proper signage, and organizing merchandise displays.
6. Backstage Support: Provide assistance to performers and production crew as needed. This may involve helping with costume changes, prop management, or other backstage tasks to ensure smooth transitions during performances.
7. Safety and Emergency Preparedness: Follow safety protocols and procedures, including evacuation plans, to ensure the well-being of patrons and staff in case of emergencies. Stay alert and respond promptly to any safety concerns or incidents.
8. Administrative Tasks: Assist with general administrative duties, such as managing reservations, responding to email inquiries, and maintaining accurate records of ticket sales and attendance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to provide a positive and welcoming experience for theater patrons.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse audience and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays, as theater performances often take place during these times.
- Professional demeanor and the ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge and appreciation of theater and live performances.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in using ticketing systems or willingness to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances during performances.
- Previous experience in customer service, hospitality, or a theater-related role is desirable but not essential.
Join our client's esteemed theater company and be part of the vibrant arts scene in Melbourne. This Part-Time role offers you the opportunity to contribute to memorable theatrical experiences for audiences. If you are enthusiastic, customer-focused, and eager to be part of the magic of live theater, we invite you to apply with your updated resume and a cover letter expressing your passion for the arts and customer service. Take this exciting step towards a rewarding career in the world of theater.